Status: Candidate Substance
- CAS # 98-82-8
- An alkylated benzene used primarily to produce phenol and acetone.
RoC documents related to the scientific review of cumene
- Federal Register Notice - Jan. 19, 2012 requesting public comment on nominated substances
- Concept Document
- Preliminary literature search strategy and list of references (Oct. 5, 2012)
- Final Report on the Cumene (CASRN 98-82-8) Genotoxicity Studies
- Draft RoC Monograph
- Revised Draft RoC Monograph
- Final RoC Monograph
- Public Comments
- Meetings, Webinars and Listening Sessions
- INPUT – provide information (such as citations or new studies, scientific issues, nomination of experts or to comment on RoC documents)
NTP will communicate via the NTP list serve (http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/go/getnews) when new information is added or current information is updated on this page.
Note on Accessibility: Persons with disabilities or using assistive technology may find some documents are not fully accessible. For assistance, contact us by sending an e-mail message to Central Data Management or to Diane Spencer ( or call 919-541-2759) and identify the documents/pages for which access is required. We will provide assistance in accessing the content of these files for those who need them. You may also find helpful information here.
Web page last updated on September 26, 2013