TEF evaluation (PECDF (Pentachlorodibenzofuran))
- PENTACHLORODIBENZOFURAN (TOXIC EQUIVALENCY FACTOR EVALUATION)
- TOXIC EQUIVALENCY FACTOR EVALUATION (2,3,4,7,8-PENTACHLORODIBENZOFURAN)
One of 5 dioxin-like compounds plus 2 mixtures being tested to determine if the (TEFs) for these chemicals would be predictive of rodent carcinogenicity. Ambient human exposure to DLCs occurs through the ingestion of foods containing residues of DLCs that bioconcentrate through the food chain. The main sources of PeCDF releases into the environment are from combustion and incineration sources.
- 2-YEAR (Gavage)
- TR-525 (NIH Number: 06-4461; NTIS Number: PB2007-103746)
(Peer Review Approval 02/17/2004A )
Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of 2,3,4,7,8-Pentachlorodibenzofuran (PeCDF) (CASRN 57117-31-4) in Female Harlan Sprague-Dawley Rats (Gavage Studies)
- Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley
- Carcinogenesis Results
- Female Rats Some Evidence
- Dose: FEMALE RATS ONLY: PeCDF -- 0, 6, 20, 44, 92, OR 200 NG/KG; 100/DOSE.
- TR-525 (NIH Number: 06-4461; NTIS Number: PB2007-103746) (Peer Review Approval 02/17/2004A )
Web page last updated on May 14, 2013