ICCVAM Annual and Biennial Reports
The ICCVAM Authorization Act of 2000 directed ICCVAM to prepare a progress report on its first anniversary and every other year thereafter. The latest ICCVAM Biennial Progress Report describes ICCVAM and ICCVAM agency activities from January 2016 through December 2017.
The report highlights ICCVAM member agency activities supporting toxicology innovation, as well as regulatory agency initiatives to promote the 3Rs (replace, reduce, or refine animal use) and to provide information about the use of in vitro methods. Key ICCVAM, ICCVAM agency, and NICEATM accomplishments summarized in the report include:
- Publication of A Strategic Roadmap for Establishing New Approaches to Evaluate the Safety of Chemicals and Medical Products in the United States.
- Guidance documents published by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency describing approaches to reduce animal use in testing required for pesticide registration.
- Notices published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture describing approaches to reduce animal use for vaccine testing.
- A Predictive Toxicology Roadmap published by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- A non-animal defined approach developed by NICEATM and EPA that identifies substances that may interact with the androgen receptor.
- A non-animal defined approach developed by NICEATM and ICCVAM to predict skin sensitization risk.
- A proposed method developed in collaboration with international partners to evaluate non-animal approaches to identify skin sensitizers.
- Launch of the NICEATM Integrated Chemical Environment (ICE), an online resource that provides high-quality curated data and computational workflows for chemical safety assessment.
Past ICCVAM Reports (2001-2015)
- ICCVAM 2014-2015 Biennial Report
Recognized as a Technical Communication of Merit by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2016)
- ICCVAM 2012-2013 Biennial Report
Recognized as a Technical Communication of Excellence by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2014)
- ICCVAM 2010-2011 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 12-7873)
Recognized as a Distinguished Technical Communication by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2013; STC International Summit Conference, 2014)
- ICCVAM 2008-2009 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 10-7612)
- ICCVAM 2006-2007 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 08-6529)
- ICCVAM 2004-2005 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 06-4516)
- ICCVAM Biennial Report (December 2003: NIH Publication Number 04-4509)
- ICCVAM Annual Progress Report (December 2001)