Scientific Review of Naphthalene
Status: Listed in the Report on Carcinogens (RoC)
Primary Uses or Exposures: Used as an intermediate in the synthesis of many industrial chemicals, and has been used as an ingredient in some moth repellants and toilet bowl deodorants.
- Appendix A: NTP (1992). Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Naphthalene (CAS No. 91-20-3) in B6C3F1 Mice (Inhalation Studies). TR 410. pp A-1 – A-173.
- Appendix B: NTP (2000). Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Naphthalene (CAS No. 91-20-3) in F344/N Rats (Inhalation Studies). TR 500. pp B-1 – B-177.
- Review Group 1 Review Summary Document for Naphthalene (June 10, 2002)
- Review Group 2 Review Summary Document for Naphthalene (October 2, 2002)
- NTP Board of Scientific Counselors RoC Subcommittee Meeting (November 19–20, 2002)
Note on Accessibility: Persons with disabilities or using assistive technology may find some documents are not fully accessible. For assistance, contact Central Data Management or use our form and identify the documents/pages for which access is required. We will assist you in accessing the content of these files. NIEHS has helpful information on accessibility.