Testing Status of Ethanol - 10042-Y
Solvent. In alcoholic beverages and manufacture of denatured alcohols. In gasohol. Anti-freeze agent. Chemical intermediate. In synthetic rubber, coatings, cosmetics, disinfectants, and pharmaceuticals. Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- 2 years (Dosed-Water)
- TR-510 (NIH Number: 04-4444)
(Peer Review Approval 09/05/2002A )
Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Urethane + Ethanol (CASRNs 51-79-6 & 64-17-5) in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Drinking Water Studies)
- Mice: B6C3F1/NCTR BR (C57BL/6N x C3H/HEN MTV-)
- Carcinogenesis Results
- Male Mice Inadequate Study
- Female Mice Inadequate Study
- Dose: 0, 10, 30, 0R 90 PPM.
- C. elegans
- C. elegans
- Dose: feed (0,.057,.114,.228,.342,.467,.570,.684,.798,.912,1.03,1.14) M; 10/30/06 repro (0,.5,.63,.79,1.0,1.3,1.6,2.0,2.5,3.2,4.0,5.0)%; 12/04/06
growth (0.222,.274,.342,.427,.547,.684,.855,1.08,1.35,1.71,2.22) M; 06/27/07.
- Citation: Zeiger, E., Anderson, B., Haworth, S., Lawlor, T., and Mortelman, K. Salmonella Mutagenicity Tests V. Results from the Testing of 311 Chemicals Environ. Molec. Mutagen. Vol. 19 (Suppl 21) (1992) 2-141
- 120 day minimum Continuous Breeding (Legacy) (Dosed-Water)
- Citation: Ethanol: Reproduction and Fertility Assessment In CD-1 Mice When Administered In the Drinking Water
- Male and Female Mice: Swiss
- Dose: N/A; 5,10,15%; N/A; N/A.
- 1 to 19 GD (sperm = 0 days) Conventional Teratology (Inhalation)
- Female Rats: Sprague Dawley
- Dose: 10000,16000 AND 20000 PPM.