Testing Status of Epichlorhydrin - 10512-C
- Oxirane, (chloromethyl)-
Some use in food as food starch, also used in paints, resins, insecticide emulsions, solvent, co-monomer, nail enamels, in hair conditioners & surfactants (HSDB 1990). Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- lifetime (Inhalation)
- Rats: Sprague Dawley
- Dose: R: 0,100 PPM /100 ANIMALS PER GROUP.
- Comet Assay
- In Vitro Cytogenetics (CA/SCE)
- Sister Chromatid Exchange Positive
- Chromosome Aberrations Positive
- Mice: B6C3F1
- Male Negative
- Citation: Canter, D.A., Zeiger, E., Haworth, S., Lawlor, T., Mortelmans, K., and Speck, W. Comparative mutagenicity of aliphatic epoxides in Salmonella Mutation Res. Vol. 172 (1986) 105-138