Testing Status of Dioctyl phthalate - 11002-D
- 1,2-Benzenedicarbonic acid, dioctyl ester
Dye carrier; used as a plasticizer in plastics & rubber materials, cellulose ester resins, polystyrene resins, vinyl resins. Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- Toxicokinetic Study (Topical Application)
- Citation: Zeiger, E., Haworth, S., Mortelmans, K., and Speck, W. Mutagenicity testing of Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate and related chemicals in Salmonella Environ. Mutagen. Vol. 7 (1985) 213-232
- continuous exposure, 120 day minimum Continuous Breeding (Legacy) (Dosed-Feed)
- Citation: Final Report - Di-N-Octylphthalate: Reproduction and Fertility Assessment in CD-1 Mice When Administered in Feed
- Male and Female Mice: Swiss
- Dose: N/A; 1.25, 2.5 %; N/A; N/A.
- 7 to 14 GD (PLUG = 1 gestation day) Short-Term in vivo Repro. Tox. (Gavage)
- Citation: Screening of Priority Chemicals for Potential Reproductive Hazard
- Female Mice: Swiss
- Dose: 9780 MG (10 ML UNDILUTED)/KG/DAY.
- Utero-Lactational (Dosed-Water)