Testing Status of 2-Ethylhexanol - 11013-P
- 2-Ethyl-1-hexanol (9CI)
- 2-Ethylhexyl alcohol
Plasticizer intermediate. Solvent. Wetting agent. Organic synthesis. Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- In Vitro Cytogenetics (CA/SCE)
- Sister Chromatid Exchange Negative
- Chromosome Aberrations Negative
- Citation: Zeiger, E., Haworth, S., Mortelmans, K., and Speck, W. Mutagenicity testing of Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate and related chemicals in Salmonella Environ. Mutagen. Vol. 7 (1985) 213-232
- Short-Term in vivo Repro. Tox. (Gavage)
- Citation: Screening of Priority Chemicals for Potential Reproductive Hazard
- Female Mice: Swiss
- Dose: 1525 MG/KG BODY WEIGHT.
- 2 to 19 GD (sperm = 0 days) Conventional Teratology (Inhalation)
- Female Rats: Sprague Dawley
- Dose: 800 MG/M3.
- 0 to 17 GD Conventional Teratology (Dosed-Feed)
- Citation: Final Report on the Developmental Toxicity of 2-Ethylhexanol in CD-1 Swiss Mice
- Mice: Swiss
- Mice Maternal Negative
- Mice Fetal Negative
- Dose: 0, .009, .030, .090%.