Testing Status of Tetradecanoyl phorbol acetate (TPA) 11243-Y
- Phorbol myristate acetate
- Tetradecanoic acid, 9a-(Acetyloxy)-1a,1b,4,4a,5,7a,7b,8,9,9a-decahydro-4a,7b,dihydroxy-3-(hydroxymethyl)-1,1,6,8-tetramethyl-5-oxo-1H-cyclopropa(3-,4)benz(1,2-E)azulen-9-yl
In cancer research to study mechanisms of tumor promotion. To screen for potential inhibiting agents. Positive control for tumor promoting agents, found in croton oil (Merck 1989)
- 39 weeks (Topical Application)
- Mice: Tg.AC (FVB/N) Hemizygous
- Dose: TG.AC: DERMAL TPA 1.25 UG/ANIMAL/DOSE.