Testing Status of Toxic equivalency factor evaluation (PCB 118) - M030022
- PCB-118 (Toxic equivalency factor evaluation)
- Toxic equivalency factor evaluation (PCB 118)
- Toxic equivalency factor evaluation (2,3',4,4',5-Pentachlorobiphenyl)
Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and their mixtures including 2,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB 118) were produced commercially before 1977 for the electric industry as dielectric insulating fluids for transformers and capacitors. One of 2 dioxin-like being tested to determine if the toxic equivalency factors (TEFs) for these chemicals would be predictive of rodent carcinogenicity.
- 2 years (Gavage)
- TR-559 (NIH Number: 11-5900)
(Peer Review Approval 02/25/2009A )
Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of TEF evaluation (PCB 118) (CASRN 31508-00-6) in Harlan Sprague-Dawley Rats (Gavage Studies)
- Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley
- Carcinogenesis Results
- Female Rats Clear Evidence
- Dose: 50 FEMALE RATS: 0, 100, 220, 460, 1000, 4600 UG/KG AND 4600 UG/KG (STOP EXPOSURE).