Testing Status of Nanoscale material (Quantum dots) - M040086
- Quantum dots (Nanoscale materials)
Part of an NTP evaluation of nanoscale materials (a broadly defined set of substances where at least one critical dimension is less than 100 nm) to evaluate the tox properties of major nanoscale materials classes representing a cross-section of composition, size, surface coatings, & physico-chemical properties, and use these as model systems to investigate how they interact w/ biological systems.
- 2 weeks (Topical Application)
- Mice: SKH-1 Hairless (NCTR)
- Dose: M1.
- Toxicokinetic Study (Subcutaneous Injection; Topical Application)
- Citation: Gopee NV, Roberts DW, Webb P, Cozart CR, Siitonen PH, Latendresse JR, Warbitton AR, Yu WW, Colvin VL, Walker NJ, Howard PC. Quantitative determination of skin penetration of PEG-coated CdSe quantum dots in dermabraded but not intact SKH-1 hairless mouse skin. Toxicol Sci. 2009 Sep;111(1):37-48. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfp139. Epub 2009 Jul 2.Pubmed Abstract
- Mice: SKH-1 Hairless
- Dose: doses at 0, 4, 8 and 24 hour intervals w/ various mice per group.