Testing Status of Nanoscale material (Rutile titanium dioxide) - M040087
- Rutile titanium dioxide (Nanoscale material)
Part of an NTP evaluation of nanoscale materials (a broadly defined set of substances where at least one critical dimension is less than 100 nm) to evaluate the tox properties of major nanoscale materials classes representing a cross-section of composition, size, surface coatings, & physico-chemical properties, and use these as model systems to investigate how they interact w/ biological systems.
- 2 weeks (Topical Application)
- Mice: Tg.AC (FVB/N) Hemizygous
- Absorption Disposition Metabolism Elimination (Intradermal Injection; Topical Application)
- Citation: Gao Y, Gopee NV, Howard PC, Yu LR. Proteomic analysis of early response lymph node proteins in mice treated with titanium dioxide nanoparticles. J Proteomics. 2011 Nov 18;74(12):2745-59. doi: 10.1016/j.jprot.2011.08.009. Epub 2011 Aug 22.Pubmed Abstract
- Female Mice: SKH-1 Hairless
- Dose: Exp. # 3Tape Stripped Skin [remove stratum corneum] 1. 5% in o/w emulsion, 2 mg/cm2Sunburned Skin [single dose of 120mJ-CIE/cm2 UVB light 48 hour prior to TiO2]1. 5% in o/w emulsion, 2 mg/cm2. Exp. #1 5µl injections of the following:0.05 mg/mL [0.25 µg total]0.1 mg/mL [0.5 µg total]0.5 mg/mL [1.0 µg total]1.0 mg/mL [5.0 µg total]2.0 mg/mL [10 µg total] 5µl, 2mg/mL [10 µg total] 5µl, 2mg/mL [10 µg total]. Exp. #2Normal Skin5% in o/w emulsion, 2 mg/cm2, dorsal5% in o/w emulsion, 2 mg/cm2, axillary/inguinalDermabraded Skin5% in o/w emulsion, 2 mg/cm2, dorsal5% in o/w emulsion, 2 mg/cm2, axillary/inguinalIntradermal Injection0.5 mg/ml [depends on results of Exp. #1]. Exp. #4 5µl injections of the following:0.05 mg/mL [0.25 µg total]0.1 mg/mL [0.5 µg total]0.5 mg/mL [1.0 µg total]1.0 mg/mL [5.0 µg total] 5µl, 1mg/mL [10 µg total] 5µl, 1mg/mL [10 µg total]. Exp. #5 vehicle: saline5µL, 2 mg/ml vehicle: oil/water emulsionTBD by earlier studies.