Testing Status of Propylene glycol monomethyl ether, alpha M88073
- 2-Propanol, 1-methoxy- (8CI)(9CI)
Solvent in lacquer and paint formulations; in printing ink formulations; in a variety of industrial and household cleaners; in antifreeze; solvent in pesticide formulations. Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- Absorption Disposition Metabolism Elimination (Gavage)
- Male and Female Rats: F344/N; Male and Female Mice
- 120 day minimum Continuous Breeding (Legacy) (Dosed-Water)
- Citation: Propylene Glycol Monomethyl Ether: Reproduction and Fertility Assessment in CD-1 Mice When Administered in Drinking Water
- Male and Female Mice: Swiss
- Dose: N/A; 0, .5, 1, 2%; N/A; N/A.