Testing Status of Urethane + ethanol (combination) M920016
Related: URETHANE (51-79-6) AND ETHYL ALCOHOL (64-17-5)
Formula: C3-H7-N-O2 + C2-H6-O
- 64-17-5 - Ethanol
- 51-79-6 - Urethane
(Urethane) chemical intermediate; solubilizer for cosmetics and pesticides; (ethanol) solvent; in alcoholic beverages and manufacture of denatured alcohols; in gasohol; anti-freeze agent; chemical intermediate; in synthetic rubber, pharmaceuticals, disinfectants. Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- 13 weeks (Dosed-Water)
- Rats: F344/N; Mice: B6C3F1
- Dose: R&M:(WITH 5% ETHANOLIN WATER)0.011, 0.033, 0.11, 0.33, OR 1.0 G/100 ML.
- 2 years (Dosed-Water)
- TR-510 (NIH Number: 04-4444)
(Peer Review Approval 09/05/2002A )
Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Urethane + Ethanol (CASRNs 51-79-6 & 64-17-5) in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Drinking Water Studies)
- Mice: B6C3F1/NCTR BR (C57BL/6N x C3H/HEN MTV-)
- Carcinogenesis Results
- Male Mice Clear Evidence
- Female Mice Clear Evidence
- Dose: 0, 10, 30, OR 90 PPM.
- TR-510 (NIH Number: 04-4444) (Peer Review Approval 09/05/2002A )
- Mice: B6C3F1
- Male Positive
- Female Positive