Testing Status of Diethyl phthalate/dimethyl phthalate - M920030
- 84-66-2 - Diethyl phthalate
- 131-11-3 - Dimethyl phthalate
Diethyl: celluloid manufacture, cosmetics, varnishes, dopes, insecticidal soaps, plasticizer. Dimethyl: insecticides, plasticizer, solvent, dye carrier, rocket fuel. Associated with tobacco: reported either as a natural component of tobacco, pyrolysis product (in tobacco smoke), or additive for one or more types of tobacco products.
- 2 years (Topical Application)
- TR-429 (NIH Number: 95-3356)
(Peer Review Approval 11/17/1993A )
Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Diethylphthalate (CASRN 84-66-2) in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Dermal Studies) with Dermal Initiation/Promotion Study of Diethylphthalate and Dimethylphthalate (CASRN 131-11-3) in Male Swiss (CD-1®) Mice
- Mice: Swiss CD-1
- Dose: 100 UL (PROMOTOR) NEAT CHEMICAL ON UNINITIATED AND DMBA INITIATED SKIN.