Testing Status of Bisphenol S - M940150
- 4,4'-Bisphenol S
- 4,4'-Dihydroxydiphenyl sulfone
- Phenol, 4,4'-sulfonylbis-
"The use of Bisphenol S (SDP) is increasing in a variety of processes, especially as a chemical intermediate and monomer in the manufacture of plastics and resins. // Starting material/chemical intermediate, Monomer/curing agent, Monomer/property enhancer, Analytical reagent unavailable"
BPS is used in plasticizers and epoxy resins and as a developer in thermal paper.
- 14 days (Dosed-Feed)
- Dose Range-Finding
- Mice: B6C3F1
- Dose: 0, 600, 1200, 2500, or 5000 ppm; 5/sex/group.
- GD 6 - PND 28 Dose Range Finding (Dosed-Feed)
- Perinatal Dose Range-Finding Study in Bisphenol S in Dosed Feed
- Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley
- Dose: 0, 5000, 10,000, 15,000 or 20,000 ppm.
- Absorption Disposition Metabolism Elimination (Gavage; Intravenous)
- Male and Female Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley; Male and Female Mice: B6C3F1/N; Male and Female Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley; Male and Female Mice: B6C3F1/N
- Dose: 50 mg/kg. 50, 150, 500 mg/kg.
- Toxicokinetic Study (Dosed-Feed; Gavage; Intravenous)
- Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley; Mice: B6C3F1/N; Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley; Mice: B6C3F1/N; Rats: Harlan Sprague-Dawley; Mice: B6C3F1/N