Handbook for Preparing Report on Carcinogens Monographs
The handbook provides instructions for conducting the cancer hazard evaluation and preparing the monographs on substances under evaluation.
The handbook includes methods for:
- Planning for the evaluation
- Conducting literature searches
- Assessing study quality and sensitivity of individual studies
- Synthesizing evidence across cancer studies to reach preliminary level of evidence conclusions
- Evaluating mechanistic and other relevant data
- Integrating evidence to reach a preliminary listing recommendation
The handbook is a living document and may be updated on a periodic basis.