About the Report on Carcinogens
Report on Carcinogens
The Report on Carcinogens (RoC) is a congressionally mandated, science-based public health report that identifies agents, substances, mixtures, or exposure circumstances (collectively called "substances") in our environment that pose a hazard to humans.
The National Toxicology Program (NTP) prepares the report on behalf of the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Substances are listed in the report following a multi-step process with several opportunities for scientific and public input using established listing criteria. Other substances are under review for future editions of the Report on Carcinogens.
For each listed substance, the report contains a substance profile with the listing recommendation and a summary of the scientific evidence considered key to reaching that recommendation. In addition, the profile contains information on potential sources of exposure to humans and current federal regulations to limit exposures.
- Final Monograph for Helicobacter pylori: Chronic Infection is now available (October 26, 2018)
- Final Monograph for Antimony Trioxide and Appendices is now available (October 19, 2018)
- Meeting Announcement: Peer Review of the Draft RoC Monograph on Night Shift Work and Light at Night, October 5, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. (EDT) Rodbell Auditorium, NIEHS
- Revised Draft RoC Monograph for Helicobacter pylori: Chronic Infection is now available (September 12, 2018)
- Revised Draft RoC Monograph for Antimony Trioxide is now available (August 15, 2018)
- Draft RoC Monograph for Helicobacter pylori: Chronic Infection is now available (May 11, 2018)
- Protocol for 'Electric Light' Monograph is now available (updated May 7, 2018)
- Final Monograph for Haloacetic Acids Found as Water Disinfection By-Products and Appendices is now available (March 30, 2018)
- Meeting Announcement: Peer Review of the Draft RoC Monograph on Antimony Trioxide, January 24, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. (EST) Webcast
- Protocol for Antimony Trioxide Monograph is now available (July 31, 2017)
- 14th Report on Carcinogens now available (November 3, 2016)
- Request for Information on Nominated Topics (September 9, 2016)