ALTBIB - Additional Resources
NICEATM is an NTP office focused on the development and evaluation of alternatives to animal use for chemical safety testing. NICEATM provides support to ICCVAM, an interagency committee of the federal government that facilitates collaborations to promote the development, regulatory acceptance, and use of approaches that replace, reduce or refine use of animal test methods.
NICEATM, ICCVAM, and ICCVAM member agencies partner with a broad range of stakeholder groups to advance development and acceptance of alternative methods. Links to resources provided by these groups are available below.
Note: You will be leaving the NTP website when you access the links below. Remember that you are subject to each site's individual privacy policies when you leave the NTP website. The links below are provided for ALTBIB users' convenience. Access to these links from this page does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. Government, NTP, or NIEHS for any product, process, service, manufacturer, or company affiliated with the below organizations.
U.S. Government Resources
- ICCVAM member agencies
- USDA pages
- EPA pages
- EPA New Approach Methods: Efforts to Reduce Use of Animals in Chemical Testing
- Pesticide Registration Bridging or Waiving Data Requirements
- Strategic Plan to Reduce the Use of Vertebrate Animals in Chemical Testing Under TSCA
- Adopting 21st Century Science Methodologies – Metrics
- Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure
- Advancing Alternative Methods at FDA
- NIEHS Small Business Programs
- NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare
International Organizations Active in Hazard Classification and Method Validation
- International Cooperation on Alternative Test Methods
Access national validation organizations of the European Union, Japan, Canada, and South Korea
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use
- United Nations Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
- Alternatives Research and Development Foundation
- AltTox.org: Non-animal Methods for Toxicity Testing
- American Society for Cellular and Computational Toxicology
- Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing – Johns Hopkins University
- Center for Animal Alternatives – University of California Davis
- Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments
- Humane Society of the United States
- National Centre for the Replacement Refinement & Reduction of Animals in Research (United Kingdom)
- PETA International Science Consortium Ltd.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Society of Toxicology In Vitro and Alternative Methods Specialty Section