ICCVAM Annual and Biennial Reports
The ICCVAM Authorization Act of 2000 directed ICCVAM to prepare a progress report on its first anniversary and every other year thereafter. The latest ICCVAM Biennial Progress Report describes ICCVAM and ICCVAM agency activities from January 2018 through December 2019.
The report highlights ICCVAM member agency activities supporting toxicology innovation, as well as regulatory agency initiatives to promote the 3Rs (replace, reduce, or refine animal use) and to provide information about the use of new approach methodologies. Key ICCVAM, ICCVAM agency, and NICEATM accomplishments summarized in the report include:
- Publication of A Strategic Roadmap for Establishing New Approaches to Evaluate the Safety of Chemicals and Medical Products in the United States.
- Development of the Collaborative Acute Toxicity Modeling Suite, in silico models of acute oral systemic toxicity that predict five specific endpoints needed by regulatory agencies.
- Expansion of the Integrated Chemical Environment.
- Development of plans to replace, reduce, or refine animal use for testing by DoD, EPA, and FDA.
This edition of the Biennial Report has been reorganized to make it easier for users to find content of interest. Menu items allow users to view articles by agency or find articles relevant to topics such as in vitro to in vivo extrapolation, cardiotoxicity, or mixtures toxicity. Reference pages list publications of interest as well as providing glossary terms and acronyms relevant to ICCVAM agencies and activities.
Past ICCVAM Reports (2001-2017)
- ICCVAM 2016-2017 Biennial Report
Recognized as a Technical Communication of Merit by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2018)
- ICCVAM 2014-2015 Biennial Report
Recognized as a Technical Communication of Merit by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2016)
- ICCVAM 2012-2013 Biennial Report
Recognized as a Technical Communication of Excellence by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2014)
- ICCVAM 2010-2011 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 12-7873)
Recognized as a Distinguished Technical Communication by the Society of Technical Communication (Carolina Chapter, 2013; STC International Summit Conference, 2014)
- ICCVAM 2008-2009 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 10-7612)
- ICCVAM 2006-2007 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 08-6529)
- ICCVAM 2004-2005 Biennial Report (NIH Publication Number 06-4516)
- ICCVAM Biennial Report (December 2003: NIH Publication Number 04-4509)
- ICCVAM Annual Progress Report (December 2001)