Haloacetic Acids Found as Water Disinfection By-Products
Status: Topic Selected for Evaluation
- Primary Exposures:
- Widespread exposure to people residing in the United States.
- More than 250 million people, with 98% of water treatment systems using some type of chlorine disinfection process.
- The most common exposure route for disinfection by-products is ingestion of chlorinated drinking water.
- Exposure can also occur via dermal and inhalation routes from bathing or the use of swimming pools and spas that use chlorine for disinfection.
- Public Comments
- Meetings, Webinars and Listening Sessions
- Review of the Concept Document: NTP Board of Scientific Counselors Meeting (April 11, 2016)
- Peer Review of the Draft RoC Monograph (July 24, 2017)
Submit additional information (such as citations or new studies, scientific issues, nomination of experts, or comments on RoC documents)
NTP will communicate via the NTP listserv when this page has information added or updated. Subscribe to the NTP listserv.